Thursday, March 31, 2016

Wife Swap

After watching the Wife Swap video I saw, and heard, many ideas on what people thought was considered "right" or "okay" within a family. Well, firstly I think that families should spend time together. That's a given. Whether it be dinner or playing games bonding is very important. Secondly, I feel like kids should have an equal balance between work and play. Kids shouldn't have to spend five days at school followed by a bunch of extra work with no days off. However, kids shouldn't just be able to run around wild. That wouldn't lead to anything good. 
Next, this was probably the biggest problem people would have had with that all, is respect. I think that everyone in the house should respect each other. Wife, husband, child, anyone. They should all respect each other. I also believe that work around the house should be spread around the family equally. Though most people would find it stereotypical that a mans place is working to provide for the family and a womens place would be in the kitchen, at home, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of kids. I think that the family should split those duties equally. I really don't think we should have labels or stereotypes for what a persons roll is in the family.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! There are many of us who agree with you! What did your Chinese exchange partner think?

    ReplyDelete